Chat?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Vex Malleus 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

FinestMeat
    Participant

i think a chat is missing here

Cadi
    Keymaster

There was a chat a while ago. It got replaced by this forum. I guess there was a reason to remove the chat, and the forum is a lot better to communicate.

FinestMeat
    Participant

But not so fast as a chat…

admin
    Keymaster

Yes, chat is a lot better BUT… I don’t want to get you bored by technicalities so long story short: chat applications are mostly based on AJAX/Python which consume a lot of RAM memory. As for now, I’ve got only 1GB RAM (max). There was a chat, but it slowed everything down. I’m switching to a better server this year, so hold on, there will be a chatroom very soon 🙂

FinestMeat
    Participant

Dear admin…
    I understand this all … it only was a question not criticism.
    I also now it is not a commercial side with promotion…. and i hope it will be so
    thanks for answer
    Dani

Vex Malleus
    Participant

Cool man. What host are you switching to? I can make some very affordable suggestions for the VPS host use. I get like 12GB dedicated RAM, 300GB SSD or 600GB HDD storage, 12 CPUs and unlimited bandwidth for $22 a month, no contract.

Some sort of IM chat would be nice tho, and keep the forum as well! 🙂

I can suggest Arrowchat or Cometchat, I use both, and there are also paid services offered by each chat (like $10 a month) to “off-load” the bandwidth so it won’t slow you down as much.

admin
    Keymaster

$22/month is way too much for me (at the moment) 🙁 I was rather thinking about a domestic host service rather than US or german ones, they are way too pricey for me. I think this kind of setup would do the trick:
    3 x 3 GHZ VCPU
    4 GB RAM + 1 GB Swap
    50 or 100 GB SSD
    OpenVZ virtualization (no KVM, it’s too heavy for cheap www servers)
    + directadmin
    + root access (must be a linux/free bsd server, no windows sorry :P)
    + RAM Caching would be nice

How much would this kind of setup cost with Your host provider?

Vex Malleus
    Participant

The cheapest they offer is $14 a month: http://www.server4you.com/virtual-server

Vex Malleus
    Participant

1GB ram? lol

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.